Lync for Mac ist ein Kommunikations Client, der in Verbindung mit dem Lync Server oder Lync Online genutzt werden kann. Das Programm bietet verschiedene Kommunikations- und Kollaborationsmöglichkeiten mit einem oder mehreren Nutzern.
Lync for Mac is a communications client that works in conjunction with
Lync Server or Lync Online. It provides tools for communicating and
collaborating with one or more users at once through a variety of
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product. You can find out which version of the software is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Lync to
- Communicate and collaborate with remote workers through audio, web or video conferencing
- Improve your availability by redirecting incoming conversation requests to another mode of communication, such as a mobile phone.
- Communication tools: Users can talk to one user or a group of users through instant messaging (IM), voice, or video and can switch back and forth between modes. Users can see if other users are available, away, or busy within their contact list as well as within other Office for Mac applications like Outlook.
- Online meeting tools: Users can schedule, join, and invite participants to online meetings through Lync for Mac or within Outlook. Users can also join meetings directly from within an IM conversation. The Meet Now command allows users to start impromptu online meetings.
- Desktop-sharing tools: Users can share their desktops with one or more users at any time during a conversation. Users can also share files or grant control of their desktop to another user while sharing their desktop.
- Connectivity with other clients: Users of Lync for Mac can have IM conversations with contacts who use Lync Desktop, Lync 2010 or Communicator 2007 for Windows or public IM clients such as Skype, AOL Instant Messenger, and Yahoo! Messenger.
Also Available with Other Products
Lync for Mac is also one of the applications included in the Office for Mac Standard suite.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Stifter-helfen after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Stifter-helfen will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with Stifter-helfen is up-to-date. Visit "Mein Konto" and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Stifter-helfen to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
For further information please see: See Lync for Mac system requirements.