Die Core User CAL Suite ist ein Satz bestehnd aus vier Benutzer-Clientzugriffslizenzen (CALs) und zwei Benutzer-Client-Management-Lizenzen (MLS).Mit einer CAL-Suite werden verschiedene einzelne Zugriffslizenzen (Client Access License, CAL) unter einer Lizenz zusammengefasst. Hierdurch können Sie die Lizenzierung der Serverzugriffe einfacher gestalten und gegenüber dem Einzelerwerb der Lizenzen Kosten sparen. Anstatt eine Vielzahl einzelner Zugriffslizenzen zu verwalten, benötigen Sie pro Nutzer bzw. pro Gerät nur noch eine CAL-Suite.
The Core User CAL Suite is a set of four user client access licenses (CALs) and two user client management licenses (MLs). Together they provide user licensing for key Microsoft server technologies.
A user CAL authorizes a user to access a server from any device (for
example, when an employee accesses the server from a computer at work
and another at home). A user client ML licenses the management of any
number of OSEs, as long as only one user has access to them. If more
than one user has access to a certain OSE or set of OSEs, an ML is
necessary for each user. See below for details on the CALs and client
MLs included with this donation
Benefits for Organizations
- You can request this suite to obtain user licensing for six popular server products using only one of your Microsoft title group allotments.
- You'll also obtain the rights to download and install management server software for System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and System Center Endpoint Protection.
One Core User CAL Suite contains one of each of the following CALs:
- Windows Server User CAL provides access to Windows Server.
- Exchange Server User CAL – Standard provides access to Exchange Server.
- SharePoint Server Standard Edition User CAL provides access to SharePoint Server.
- Skype for Business Server User CAL – Standard supports the instant messaging, presence, and PC-to-PC audio and video communications capabilities of Skype for Business Server.
Note: The Exchange Server Enterprise CAL and SharePoint Server Enterprise Edition CAL are not included in the Core CAL Suite.
System Center Client MLs
One Core User CAL Suite contains one of each of the following user client MLs:
- System Center Configuration Manager User Client ML allows management by System Center Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager.
- System Center Endpoint Protection User Client ML allows protection by System Center Endpoint Protection.
The right to run management server software is included with System Center client MLs. If you request this product, you can download and install the management server software listed above. The software includes a runtime version of SQL Server Technology (SQL Server Standard Edition) to support System Center. No additional licenses are needed for management servers or SQL Server technology.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Stifter-helfen after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Stifter-helfen.de will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with Stifter-helfen.de is up-to-date. Visit "Mein Konto" and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Stifter-helfen to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.